They welcome you to the horse breeding farm Skeiðvellir
If you want to get to know the Icelandic horse while travelling in Iceland you have come to the right place. Skeiðvellir is a family run horse breeding and training farm which is home to around 100 horses. They offer a unique chance to get to know their remarkable icelandic horses and explore the beautiful landscape on horseback.
Why ride with Icelandic HorseWorld ?
- You will ride in small group rides in the beautiful landscape of southern Iceland. We specialize in rides for small groups which are seldom bigger than 6 riders.
- You receive instructions on how to ride and you have a chance to get to know your horse before we leave for our ride. All this takes place in our modern and large riding hall.
- You are invited for a coffee, tea or hot chocolate in our cozy stable café after the ride. It is also possible for non-riders to wait in the stable café while you ride.
- You will be riding a well educated horse with a good tölt who is fun to ride. We have horses for more experienced riders as well as some very trustworthy horses for beginners and even those who have never ridden before.
- They are only 5 minutes away from the hotel
To make reservations you can either contact us or call them direct at +354 899 5619 or visit their website Iceworld
The perfect location of the hotel allows our guests to make day tours to most of Iceland’s famous places of interest in the southern part of the country. You can spend your day horse back riding, going on a glacier tour, river rafting in Hvítá, hike in our magnificent Thjorsardalur or take a day drive to Gullfoss and Geysir. All this is in proximity of our hotel. We are more than happy to book and schedule your dream stay while you’re in Iceland.
Click here to get a local map of points of interests in proximity of our hotel.
Laugaland is only 15 km away from the hotel.
Wonderful country swimming pool with everything that a family needs after an amazing day.
Hot tubs, water slide and a pool.
Winter openings from 1. October
- Mondays to Wednesdays from 19:00 – 21:30
- Thursdays 16:00 – 20:00
- Saturdays 14:00 – 17:00
- Closed Fridays and Sundays.
Summer openings from 1. June
- Mondays to Fridays 14:00 – 21:00.
- Saturdays and Sundays 10:00 – 19:00
Our biggest closest town!
At Hella you can find all service needed, it is only 27 km away from our hotel.
Three different restaurants, woolshop, grocery store, liquor-store, pharmacy, garage, bank, gas station and so on. It‘s nice to visit Hella´s swimming pool to relax. It has waterslides!